What is IBECS™?
IBECS™ is CSE’s name for the ultimate in plant control human-machine-interface software technology. The heart of the IBECS™ system is Trihedral Engineering, creators of the VTScada SCADA system industrial monitoring and control software that has been specifically designed to integrate a wide variety of monitoring and control devices into a plant-wide, DCS style environment that provides state-of-the-art, fully-redundant communication capabilities and data display technology providing the operators with the same look, feel, and function regardless of the control system providing the data.
The IBECS™ system provides the plant operations, maintenance, and management staff with an easy to use, highly reliable, robust, and fully redundant human-machine-interface system that makes maximum use of existing control equipment capabilities and provides the latest in communication and data presentation technology to a plant of any vintage and any OEM control system.
- IBECS™ has no dependency upon Cimplicity®, CIMBridge®, or TCI™ meaning the IBECS™ solution does not have any software incompatibility issues.
- IBECS™ solution can operate on Win XP and Win 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) operating software with no compatibility issues between them.
- IBECS™ can act as an OPC server for integration with supervisory controls or other data collection devices such as PI and EDNA.
- IBECS™ can directly interface with numerous third party controllers, including Allen Bradley®, Siemens®, Modicon®, Bailey®, Foxboro®, Moore®, Omron®, Ovation TM and others.
- IBECS™ offers data server redundancy to increase availability of HMI.
- IBECS™ offers internet interface server options so your controls interface can be where you need it to be.
- IBECS™ offers a historical data logging option and series of events, allowing you to track engine performance and troubleshoot issues.
- IBECS™ offers interface options for all models of the GE Speedtronic™ series , allowing multiple generations of Mk IV, V, & VI controllers to be integrated into one interface.
Why Choose IBECS™?
Most power generating plants have a variety of control and data acquisition devices that have been installed over the years. Many of these devices were supplied as stand-alone systems or else use components which have limited or no data networking capability. While plant operators would like to have all data brought into a centralized control room, it is not always possible to justify the complete replacement of these devices. Even newer systems have not always been supplied with compatible data communication capabilities.
Today, where power plants are increasingly reliant on various Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) platforms for Balance of Plant (BOP) and turbine operations (Gas, Steam), the IBECS™ provides a single-source fully-integrated solution to replace multiple stand-alone HMI workstations. Uniquely, the IBECS™ supports over one hundred industry standard communications protocols.
Where the GE Mark IV, V, and VI HMI user interface is no longer desired or may have become obsolete, the IBECS™ provides a direct replacement in the form of the <ITC>™ . <ITC>™ is an acronym that stands for IBECS™ for Turbine Control. CSE’s <ITC>™ solution provides greater flexibility interfacing with your GE Speedtronic™ control systems and has been proven with more than one hundred plus licenses active worldwide. For CSE’s customers, this has been a cost-effective way to extend the life of existing OEM control panels, forgoing the need for a complete controls retrofit.Back to IBECS™